The Met Office have issued a Cold Weather Alert at level 2 (Alert and Readiness) as there is a 60% probability of severe cold weather conditions affecting West Sussex from 0800 Thursday 7th December 2017 until Sunday 10th December 2017.
The impacts of the cold weather are worse for the young, elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions and we encourage you to consider those in these categories.
If you know or look after someone you may be susceptible to the effects of this cold weather period please help make sure that they stay warm and well
• Stay tuned in to weather forecasts
• Check and maintain daytime room temperatures of 21C
• Check bedroom night time temperatures and maintain it at 18C or warmer
• Keep warm and active and if you have to go out dress warmly and wear non slip shoes.
• If you are concerned about your own health or welfare or that of others please alert the emergency services.
Other information at:-
Met Office Cold Weather Alert